45 minutes on Elliptical, 15 mins forward, 15 mins Backwards, 15 minutes your choice
45 minutes jog or walk with hills
3x through the whole thing
Crunches x 30
Full Sit ups x 20
Plank 30-90 secs
Supermans x 12
Lateral Lunges x 12
Ice Skaters x 1min
Reverse Lunges x 12
Jumping Jacks x 1 min
Shoulder Push Ups x 8
Mountain Climbers x 30 sec
Dips x 20
Wall Sit x 1 min
Today go out and push yourself! Time yourself as you run/walk 1 mile as fast as you can. Make sure you warm up for this by running or walking for about 5 minutes first.
Remember your time, we will compare it to future times!
4x through 12 reps on each of the following exercises
Push up to Side Plank
Chin ups ( jumping or assisted are completely fine)
Hamstring Ball curls
Spend 30 minutes today, walking or running in an area with some hills
Relax into the weekend with an hour of Pilates, yoga, or Tai Chi. While they are often not as intense of a workout as some of the other things we do, they are necessary from time to time and should not be overlooked or forgotten.
45 minutes of rowing, biking, or hiking
Strength! 3x through the following!
Incline Dumbell Press - 8-10 Reps
Seated Cable Row - 8-10 Reps
High Pulls - 10 Reps
Dips - 15 Reps
Tricep Pull Downs - 10-12 Reps
Bicep Curls W/ Easy Bar - 8-10 Reps
Forward Lunges- 10 Reps per leg
Crunches - 20 Reps
ACTIVE REST! Go out and move for 60 minutes doing something out of the norm for you. Hike, bike, swim, walk, yoga, stairs, play soccer, basketball, etc. Just enjoy movement!
Skipping a step, run or walk stairs for 20 minutes
Strength: 3x through each exercise. Make sure this is challenging you by reps 9-10.
Bent over Rows with Dumbbells x12
Incline Chest Press with Dumbbells x12
Straight arm lat pull down with cables or band x 12
Overhead Tricep Skull Crusher x 12
Hammer Bicep Curls x 12
3-2-3-2-6-2-6 run or walk- total time 24 mins
You are going to start by warming up for about 5 minutes easy walk or jog depending on your fitness level. Then you are going to run or walk at a comfortable pace for 3 minutes, followed by 2 minutes at your fastest pace. Continue swtiching back and forth between comfortable and fast for the designated amount of time. This is a short workout and you should feel very worked by the end of it.
Strength: Please superset and do 4 sets of each pair and use fairly heavy weight for your fitness level
1. Supermans (alternating) x 12 per side
2. Bicycle Crunches x20 per leg
1. Squats feet close together x10
2. Hamstring Ball Curls with Heels together, toes out x20
1. Forward Walking Lunges x 12 per leg
2. Reverse Lunges x 12 per leg
1. Seated Row x 12 (you can use a cable machine or band if doing at home)
2. Push ups with narrow hand placement for focus on Triceps x 12
Hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday! Let's get back on track together today!
60 min hike or walk/run with rolling hills. Go somewhere new that is a change of scenery. Push yourself to get your heart rate up, it is the beginning of the week, start it off right!
Please do each of the following exercises with your bodyweight or you can add weights if it isn't challenging enough. 4x through the following exercises!
1. Push up to a side plank 6-10 to each side ( remember you can do these from your knees if neccessary)
2. Straight Arm Plank with Knee to Elbow x 6-10 per side
3. Elbows to Knees with a kickout x20-30 ( lying on your back in table top position, bring your knees to your elbows, when your head goes back you extend your legs out straight)
4. Sumo Squats on Tip Toes x20 ( Go into a normal sumo squat position, but lift your heels off the ground, don't let your heels touch)
5. Hamstring Ball Curls with toes together/heels out x 20 ( Feet and calves on the ball with toes together and heels apart, lift hips off the ground, pull the ball towards you in one big pull, then kick it back out)
6. Jump rope or Mountain Climbers 30 sec-1 min ( if you need to modify the mountain climbers, do them on an elevated surface)
Cardio~ 20 minutes running or walking stairs skipping a step the whole time.
5x10 of each exercise... Please use a weight that will challenge you by reps 7-8 on each set
Squats with feet close
Spend 30-60 minutes doing an activity you enjoy or have always wanted to try. For example, tennis, soccer, basketball, hiking, swimming, golfing, trail running, Zumba, dance class, yoga, etc.
Move but don't put a lot of emphasis on killing yourself in your workout today, instead the emphasis should be on enjoying being active!
# 1 Trainer in the San Francisco Bay Area, sharing health, fitness, and lifestyle information.