Please do the following circuit 3x through
Dumbbell Bench Press on a foam roller x 15
Straight arm plank with a knee drive x20 per side
Seated Cable Row x 12
Curtsey Lunges with Weight overhead x 12 per leg
Shoulder Press (palms towards ears) x 12
Hamstring Ball Curls x 20
Tricep Rope Pull Downs x 12
Bicycle crunches x 30 per side
Plank 30 secs - 1 Min
Speed Skaters x 15 per leg
Please repeat 3x
10 x full sit up
10 per leg stationary lunges w/5-20llbs per hand (make sure to bend the back knee towards the ground)
10 per leg jumping lunges
10 lat pull down or chin ups
10 per leg lateral lunges w/5-20lbs per hand
10 push ups
10 bodyweight squats (go as low as you can)
10 per leg jumping lunges
10 full sit ups
Rest 1 min
Let's have a little fun today! Find either a basketball or a soccer ball and a basketball court or a soccer field/grassy area like your backyard where you can set up small goals.
To warm up: Dribble your basketball or soccer ball around the outside of your playing field twice. Making sure to use both hands or feet depending on which ball you are using.
Place your ball at the free throw line or penalty kick line, If these aren't marked, place it about 15ft away from your target.
Head back to the other end, sprint or go as quickly as you can to the other end line, then back to the ball, take a quick shot. You will do this 15x. If you make it or miss it do the following:
1. 20 squats/20 push ups
2. 20 Jumping Jacks/ 20 Tricep Dips
3. 10 Stationary Inch Worms with a Push Up/ 20 Stationary Inch Worms with a Push up
4. 10 Reverse Lunges per leg/ 20 Jump Squats
5. 10 Curtsey Lunges per leg/ 30 Seconds Mountain Climbers
6. 20 squats/20 push ups
7. 20 Jumping Jacks/ 20 Tricep Dips
8. 10 Stationary Inch Worms with a Push Up/ 20 Stationary Inch Worms with a Push up
9. 10 Reverse Lunges per leg/ 20 Jump Squats
10. 10 Curtsey Lunges per leg/ 30 Seconds Mountain Climbers
11. 20 squats/20 push ups
12. 20 Jumping Jacks/ 20 Tricep Dips
13. 10 Stationary Inch Worms with a Push Up/ 20 Stationary Inch Worms with a Push up
14. 10 Reverse Lunges per leg/ 20 Jump Squats
15. 10 Curtsey Lunges per leg/ 30 Seconds Mountain Climbers
Run, bike, elliptical 10-15 minutes
10 Body weight squats
10 Reverse Lunges per leg
10 Sumo Squats
10 Mt. Climbers per leg
10 Toe Touch Crunches
(Repeat 2 more times)
Run 1 mile
It is a new month and a great time to start or re-start your workouts, especially after the Halloween festivities have passed and before Thanksgiving and all the other holidays consume us.
This is a basic body weight workout. Please modify all exercises for your specific needs. Burpees can be done on an elevated surface and Jumping Lunges can be switched to stationary forward lunges.
10 sets for a total of 55 of each exercise
Burpees performed in sets of:
Mountain climbers in sets of:
Jumping lunges in sets of:
Push Ups performed in sets of:
Full Sit Ups performed in sets of:
Notes: Keep recovery between sets minimal.
If you reach failure at any point, allow yourself to recover and then move onto the next exercise. Make sure that you are really pushing yourself, often it is our mind that stops us long before our bodies.
Beginners: plan on doing sets of 1-2-3-4 for each exercise.
# 1 Trainer in the San Francisco Bay Area, sharing health, fitness, and lifestyle information.